Forage & Feed - Chemorse Ltd. | Agricultural Adjuvants | Feed Additives

Forage & Feed

CHEMPRO Forage Additives

Chempro Forage Additives are used as mold inhibitors on alfalfa hay. If a mold inhibitor is used on hay, it enables it to be baled with moisture contents as high as 30%. Baling at high moisture allows more of the leaves to remain on the stem of the plant. 70% of the feed value of alfalfa is in the leaves. When a mold inhibitor is not used, most hay is baled at 15% moisture. High moisture baling allows for quick harvest turnaround. Less time in the windrow allows even more regrowth and reduces leaching by rainfall.

Chempro Forage Additive is an ammoniated propionate product that is formed through a chemical reaction between ammonia and propionic acid. Propionic acid is widely used as a mold inhibitor but is highly corrosive to equipment. Through this reaction process, the pH is changed to a more manageable level of approximately 6.5.

Chemorse has the ability to custom formulate this product to the specific requirements of our customers.

  • QUALITY ASSURANCE ADDITIVE
  • MOISTURE OPTIMIZATION
  • INCREASED YIELD
  • INCREASED FEED VALUE 

 

 

 

 

© 2017 Chemorse. All Rights Reserved.